Monday, January 7, 2008

I Want to be Anorexic, Half-Naked, and Fake!

.......Not really, but with those three words, I just described all the women in Hollywood. These are also the women that our society calls "role models". I am disgusted when I think of the fact that many younger girls look to these women as examples, but then I got to thinking. How many times do we look at the fashion magazine and seen how beautiful these women can appear to be and think, "maybe I should do my hair like that", or "wow, i should buy pants like that" . Even though we KNOW these women are lost and pretty conceited, we begin to fashion ourselves after them. Now, this isn't sin, but what I want to know is why aren't their enough godly women, dressing and acting like godly women, to show us something different! What we need is a strong and secure example of what a women should be, to contradict everything that world tries to show us. In our church, we do have strong godly women, but we need more. So I write this as a challenge to the young ladies. We need to be that example for the next generation, let us be the change we want to see in the world.
" I desire that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. "-1 Timothy 2:8-10

No comments: