Friday, January 11, 2008

Purity.....Lifestyle or Achievement?

I was thinking the other day, why do we do what we do? Why does purity need to be preached in this generation? Is it so parents can sleep better at night, or is it really a nessecity? Well obviously it is a nessecity because its in God's word, which makes it important. But what makes me and Leana the ones to stand on this issue? Have we already achieved purity? As I pondered these things I realized, that the way we view purity is wrong. Its not something you are, its something you strive to be. I think because we tend to view purity as an achievement we make some people feel ashamed who haven't been completely perfect. Though this isn't intentional, I don't think its the way God would want us to go about it. We should be bearing with one another in our struggle to remain pure because its not a gift to some and struggle for others, it should be a desired lifestyle for all. So we don't write to you as "holier than thou" people but as girls who know that we all need to live pure and encourage one another to do the same.

No comments: