Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thank you God for tampons and monsters

This week it seemed like every time I was watching tv this commercial was on and it got me thinking. Its the "always" commercial about the girls in Africa when they are on their period and they don't have any pads or tampons so they have to miss a week of school and then they get behind and end up dropping out. When I saw this, first I thanked God for tampons and that they are available to me so I don't have to eventually drop out of school. Then I realized how spoiled this country and generation really is. Today in one of my classes I heard these girls talking and one girl was complaining about how she got her cell phone and ipod taken away by her parents because they caught her sneaking back in to the house drunk. Hearing this bugged me. While girls in Africa have to drop out of school because of something totally natural and unavoidable, we are here complaining about getting out cells and ipods taken away. From all of this I decided to thank God for two things other than him that I need to get through life. I'm thankful for monster energy drinks that make life bearable in the morning and tampons that make my blessing as a women livable.

1 comment:

syd said...

AMAZING! Thank you so much for keeping up this blog. God bless. ♥